Mr. Ahmed Abdi Mohamed has a Master of Software Engineering from Daffodil International University and Bachelor degree of Information Communication Technology (ICT) University of Hargeisa, he has 7+ experience in IT industries, Current he is Director of ICT at Civil Service Commission.
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
ICT department is responsible for: -
- Overall management of Information and Technology Section Provide the framework and technical guidance for policy research and analytical work
- Provide effective leadership, enabling the Department to improve performance of its functions and achieve set results
- Coordinating the development and implementation of Information and Technology
- improve the performance of public sector delivery system
- Ensure optimal database and system integrity, security, backup, reliability and performance
- Ensuring that CSC systems are compatible with and other civil service IT applicatio
- Preparing the ICT annual work plan and budget in line with the Department strategic plan and budget
- Identify the ICT needs of the CIM beneficiary Ministries, Agencies and Departments in consultation with other staff, communicating with users to formulate and produce a requirements specification to create system and software solutions.
- Develop and manage a database covering overall business operations and activities of the assigned institutions.
- Ensuring that CSC systems are compatible with and other civil service IT applications;
- Create, maintain and manage technical quality assurance processes and procedures to assess efficiency, validity, value and functional performance of computer systems and environments.
- Ensuring adherence to accredited internal and external industry quality standards and regulations.
- Analyzing information needs and specifying technology to meet those needs;
- Formulating and directing information and communication technology strategies, policies and plans;
- Directing the selection and installation of ICT resources and the provision of user training;
- Setting priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations overseeing the security of ICT systems;
- Preparing purchase orders, monitoring supply sources and negotiating contracts with suppliers.
- Provide on the job training, coaching and mentoring for PCS staff to manage all ICT procedures
- Provide ICT advice and support to CSC management.
- Ensure optimal database and system integrity, security, backup, reliability and performance.
- Perform the operational establishment and preventive maintenance of backups, recovery procedures, and enforcing security and integrity controls
- Implementing and administering database documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Testing database systems and upgrades, such as debugging, tracking, reproduction, logging and resolving all identified problems, according to approved quality
- Monitoring the implementation of the ICT annual plan and budgets
- Preparing quarterly progress reports
- ICT annual work plan and budget
- ICT needs of the CIM beneficiary Ministries, Agencies and Departments
- Database covering overall business operations and activities
- CSC ICT systems compatible with and other civil service IT applications;
- Technical quality assurance processes and procedures reports
- Accredited internal and external industry quality standards and regulations.
- Report on ICT needs and required ICT applications ;
- ICT policies and strategies ;
- ICT resources and the provision of user training manual
- ICT maintenance reports
- ICT security systems
- ICT purchase orders, negotiation reports and contracts.
- On the job training, coaching and mentoring programmers.
- Database and system integrity, security, backup, reliability and performance reports
- Guidelines on preventive maintenance of backups, recovery procedures and enforcing security and integrity control
- Database systems and upgrades,
- Monitoring and evaluation reports